Is life very difficult for you right now? Are you dealing with sadness, worry, loneliness, loss of relationship? Is it hard to ask for help, and even more so when searching for a stranger to confide in and rely on?
I understand the anxiety that goes with this process for you and will do everything I can to make it as comfortable as possible. My preparation to do this work with you includes the integration and healing of personal challenges such as depression, physical-mental-emotional trauma, occupational disillusionment accompanied by existential disconnect from meaning and purpose.
Following fifteen years in International Marketing roles based in London, New York City and the Middle East, I eventually felt en-abled to let go and change paths and commence personal therapy and re-training to prepare to serve as a counsellor and then as a psychotherapist. I am approaching my third decade in these capacities and continue to feel deeply fulfilled with the privilege and joy of accompanying clients’ healing themselves as much today as when I started this amazing journey! It has been my pleasure and privilege being with clients achieving ever deeper sense of their potential while feeling greater levels of happiness and fulfillment.
Growth and change occurs from within such a therapeutic relationship. I am told I am a warm and caring person, emphatic and down-to-earth which helps clients feel relaxed, comfortable, supported and understood. ( Please see “Testimonials” below ) We will create a trusting therapy relationship which provides a safe, supportive, non-judgmental environment where you can fully express and explore yourself. We will also work to explore your life issues, identify new possibilities, to allow you to move forward in your life.
Essentially I can help you become more in touch with your thoughts and feelings resulting in you being better able to make decisions that help you feel more authentic, truly expressing your deepest/highest sense of self, less stressed, happier and more satisfied at the evolving sense of who it is you are most becoming.
- Hospital chaplaincy spiritual & pastoral care team member, with attending privileges on in-patients in acute assessment wards (current)
- Albany Trust psychosexual counselling agency, London, as administrator and counsellor
- The Terrence Higgins Trust, HIV/AIDS buddying befriending and counselling roles
- London and New York City telephone help lines
- On-going continuing professional development via study, lecture, seminar, workshops
- Daily meditation and exercise practices
- Clinical work with clients, my finest teachers!
- Diploma in Counselling – Westminster Pastoral Foundation
- Certificate in HIV Counselling -The Terrence Higgins Trust
- Post-Graduate Therapeutic Diploma in Psychosynthesis - The London Institute of Psychosynthesis
- British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy ( BACP) Senior Accredited Member
- UK Register of Independent Counsellors and Psychotherapists, Member.